Re: [ga] NSI: "any domain name could be unilaterally cancelled"

What I think is interesting is the use by Verisign of the argument in this
case that they can cancel a domain at will.  Verisign allowed a third
party to transfer the domain, which is an error on their part that they
could have remedied by transferring it back to the proper holder.
Whether it is property or not, IMO, is not the issue here.  Fraud is - on
the part of the third party.  If a bank is shown by a depositor that
someone has forged a signature and cashed checks, the bank is
responsible for returning the money to the depositor and going after the
forger.  Why should it be different for a registrar or registry?  The error
was made by Verisign and Verisign should have returned the
registration to the original holder once it was shown to be a forged
transfer.

That's my opinion.  It should not have had to go to court at all.

Leah