Re: [ga] Why Bret Fausett likes WLS?

Hello,

--- "John Berryhill Ph.D. J.D." <john@johnberryhill.com> wrote:

> > Among several single supporters who do not
> > seem to be connected to Verisign/Snapnames I was very surprised to
> see Bret
> > Fausett,
>
> Maybe.  Maybe not.  I don't know.
>
> http://www.snapnames.com/press_clePR.html

> this conference. A few of the noted speakers include:
>
> [snip]
>
> Bret Fausett, partner, Hancock Rothert & Bunshoft LLP

I saw that a few months ago too (Google search of "SnapNames" and
"Fausett" catches that page :) ). I think it would depend on whether
Bret got paid or not for his appearance there....and whether in his own
mind he felt that he'd be less likely to be invited to be an "expert"
on these kinds of panels in the future if he spoke out against WLS. I'm
not a mind-reader, though. Karl Auerbach was a speaker too, though, and
I doubt he's pro-WLS.

SnapNames is a privately held company, too, so it's unclear if they
have private deals with some of the folks who are parroting their
position on WLS, either for equity, stock options, or other forms of
consideration.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/