[ga] Do you hear the people sing?

    Will you join in our crusade?
    Who will be strong and stand with me?
    Beyond the barricade
    Is there a world you long to see?
    Then join in the fight
    That will give you the right to be free!
            --- From 'Les Miserables'

The People are responding to the monopolistic and anti-competitive WLS
proposal by Verisign, as one can see at:

http://forum.icann.org/wls/ (ICANN WLS Forum)

and

http://www.petitiononline.com/antiwls/petition.html
(Anti-WLS Petition)

We are currently in the 10 day comments period (ending approximately
July 20th), after which ICANN will decide the fate of WLS. For those
Registrars and Resellers who've not already informed their clients,
ordinary registrants, of Verisign's proposal, now is the time to act.
Use those magical mailing lists to involve your clients in the debate,
after all they will be the ones ultimately most negatively affected by
this.

For those who've not already prepared documents, you might wish to
model them after Dotster's thoroughly thought-out document at:

http://www.dotster.com/resources/wlsresponse.asp

or adapt your own, based on all the postings on the DNSO GA list, the
Names Council's Transfers Task Force, or any number of other sources.

Simply reading the comments on ICANN's WLS Forum and on the Anti-WLS
petition, I was very impressed at the level of sophistication of
oridinary users, many of whom are small businesses and individuals, who
are able to see through Verisign's planned regime, which would be a
step back to the "old days" of monopoly and reduced consumer choice.

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing, and I am heartened to see that
so many folks are doing something. Will you be one of them?

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/

P.S.