Re: [ga] WLS: Dotster posts the definitive arguments against it, and more

"George Kirikos" wrote: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 7:56 PM

> Hello,
>
> Tonight, Dotster (owner of NameWinner) posted what I consider to be
the
> best document to date summarizing the arguments against WLS. It can be
> seen here:
>
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-transfer/Arc00/msg00341.html
>
> It should be considered mandatory reading by anyone on the Names
> Council and on the ICANN Board, when considering the WLS proposal. I
> agree with and support the Dotster position 100%.

George, thank you for posting this link.  I wholeheartedly agree.
Dotster's formulation and summary of WLS opposition provides concise,
common-sense arguments, clearing up muddy waters and smoke screens
thrown up by the cash grab proponents.  As an administrator of expired
domain monitoring service (which does not charge consumer if it does not
succeed and upon success only charges $5.95 monitoring fee plus 5 year
domain registration fee) I would like to add our 100% support to Clint
Page's/Dotster's position.

Sincerely

Genie Livingstone
Magi Inc