Re: [ga] Grace and Redemption

On 2002-06-30 06:06:46 -0400, Ken Stubbs wrote:

>   maybe instead of just talking about the issues , someone should
>   suggest a practical solution to the potential propblem being
>   discussed here..

I'd guess it's a new business opportunity for (some) registrars:
Correct billing for renewal (without trying to play tricks with
customers, i.e., don't bill for two years when it's about an
extension of the registration by one year; also, it greatly helps
when you don't have a "one sender domain per mailing" approach -
that way, customers have no way to tell if a message comes from
their registrar or someone else trying to defraud you), contact
phone numbers where you reach a competent individual instead of
listening to bad music for ten minutes on a transatlantic phone call
when you get confused by the next bill arriving after you have paid,
and, ultimately, an option for automatic renewal (and payment), just
like what you do with public utilities in Europe.

To make it short: Be customer-friendly.

Please note that I'm still a customer of Verisign registrar, so my
rather bad experience may not be representative for all the
registrars around.

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/