Re: [ga] Blueprint to purge the critics

Ross and all assembly members,

  Ross, if you really believe that the GA is not relevant, or dos not
provide any relevance to the DNSO and thereby ICANN, why do
you even bother to post on the GA list or participate in the DNSO GA?

  Secondly, doesn't your post below, demonstrate to al be it a tiny degree,
the relevance of the DNSO GA as it is presently?

  And finally, given the number of resolutions and motions that have been
voted upon by the DNSO GA members for the ICANN BOD and staff's
review and consideration, does that fact not also demonstrate that the
DNSO GA in it's present form is at least somewhat productive and
conducive to the ICANN "Process"?

Ross Wm. Rader wrote:

> > IMHO only kids in kindegarten accept adult supervision and debates under
> > adult control, adults do not. I am afraid that while the ERC first
> document
> > could have been promizing, the blueprint is the ICANN slow suicide. Anyway
> > the GNSO GA is of no real interest, CCSO local GA are.
>
> The recent ERC recommendations not only affirm the value of the GA but also
> provide guidance how the forum can actually be made useful going forward.
> The GA can be an effective body that actually contributes to ICANN's
> mission. It is not currently. I believe that the recommendations provide a
> very reasonable framework under which actual productive work can be
> accomplished.
>
> Your message demonstrates perfectly the current dysfunction. You make
> sweeping generalizations critical of the proposal yet fail to provide any
> clear input into how the proposal can be improved or provide an alternative.
> This is not how functional organizations produce useful insight. This is why
> the GA has failed to achieve relevance. This is why the status quo of the GA
> is not acceptable.
>
> There might be better ways to proceed, but in the absence of a better idea,
> this is the only way to proceed.
>
> -rwr

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827