Re: [ga] Verisign now auctioning off dot-cc names on eBay

Hello,

--- Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com> wrote:
> this is an interesting example for an econmics person. To me the
> inventory
> on the eBay store is way over inflated and after viewing as many
> pages as
> I could, I couldn't find one auction in progress.

It doesn't look like they know how to properly run an auction. If they
wanted to do it "right", they should just have no reserves, and put the
starting bid at $1. If the market is efficient, that would reveal the
price, as folks know the domain will sell.

And Verisign definitely has the traffic to promote their auctions, thus
making the market more efficient (as does eBay, which has more traffic
than GreatDomains.com). What's annoying about all those auctions with
zero bids is that they are clogging up the regular auctions of domains
at eBay -- I have an auction of "Texan.com" listed there, to test the
waters, but no one can find it having to wade through a gazillion pages
of Verisign zero-bid auctions on overpriced .bz and .cc names.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/