Re: [ga] WLS

Brett,
I understand part of your consternation here but I am finding it difficult to
believe you have not formed opinions.  Innovation should clearly be at all levels.
Monopolies should clearly be at no level.  ICANN/Verisign is wrong and you know it.

WLS is clearly wrong in that it emanates at the monopolistic level rather than the
relatively level playing field of registrars, thereby promoting (one would hope)
competition.  Or leaving it alone and allowing the even more level field of the
ISPs to handle getting names.
We must not give more to a monopoly.  We must take more away in order for human
nature and capitalistic concerns to run the roost.  The US Government runs Verisign
through an agreement that allows only them to run the dotCOM - you want to give
them more power?
Eric