RE: [ga] [ncdnhc-discuss] Re: WLS proposal

Hello,

--- John Berryhill <john@johnberryhill.com> wrote:
> Could somebody remind me again of what problem the WLS is the
> proposed
> solution?

Verisign overpaid for Network Solutions years ago, and needs more
money, especially now that their stock price is below $10. WLS would
let Verisign begin to reprice names at the wholesale level, eventually
moving to a dot-TV pricing scheme, at the extreme.

> And if the problem is "SnapNames can't compete effectively without a
> monopoly", you can cry me a river.

Amen.

WLS should be taken as seriously as my own "Let's Make George Kirikos a
Multi-Millionaire Proposal", at:

http://www.opensrs.org/archives/discuss-list/0201/0339.html

Both would be immense cash grabs. Verisign's proposal is maybe treated
more seriously because they might have the power, through leveraging
their monopoly, to force it through. But, both have about the same
sense of "equity" and "fairness".

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/