[ga] Re: [Laugh of the Day: WLS Statements by SnapNames]

Yes!

It's the part where they spin their "innovative technolgy" that proves that
they just don't get it.

The hammer was "innovative technology" in its time. No one was opposed to the
hammer. And we all love SnapName's "innovative technolgy" today. We just
object to being beat over the head with it!

Best, Loren

George Kirikos <gkirikos@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello,

Here's a link to a statement by one of their executives at a Senate
hearing:

http://commerce.senate.gov/hearings/061202powell.pdf

Pretty bad piece of spin. I leave it as a simple exercise for others to
pick it apart, once they stop laughing.

I don't think SnapNames and Verisign appear to "get it" -- WLS is
facing opposition to the plan amongst very *informed* people, who have
a big stake in the outcome. If it was otherwise, proponents of WLS
would be able to pick apart the arguments quite easily.

Their arguments aren't even "innovative" -- they simply borrow our
arguments and keywords, e.g. anti-trust, and attempt to spin them
against us, unsuccessfully. High school debating tactics don't cut it
in the real world -- you have to do a lot better.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/