Re: [ga] Companion Dispute Proposal to WLS Service

Ross,
if you were the one with devonpotatochips.com, and someone had
deveosoftware.com and someone else had devonthegeolicalage.com....
and someoen else came to all three of you and whispered 'psst....you
guys all missed the boat with devon.com. who's gonna pay me for first
place in line if it ever becomes available???'

Now tell me why you think there would not be a secondary mkt for this?

"Ross Wm. Rader" wrote:

> > > used, since the WLS is just a 'place in line'
> >
> > ...a place in line with definite economic value.
>
> ...the only place in line.
>

> > If you don't believe that TM owners are going to be rattled by finding (a)
> > they don't have the domain name they want, but it will soon expire, and
> (b)
> > someone else is holding the 'place in line' for it, then you are
> > underestimating the tenacity of these people.
>
> But is it realistic to assume that there will actually a market for these
> spots? I can understand the secondary market for names, but WLS subs too?
> <scratch, scratch> I suppose weirder things have happened - it should at
> least warrant a look by those affected.
>
> -rwr

Dan Steinberg

SYNTHESIS:Law & Technology