[ga] October 1st, 2002

Folks,
now that 65% voted for a new bid, we have to be consistent and discuss the
Internet after the ICANN. If we show the DoC that there is a simple and
efficient alternative to the ICANN, they will probably be interested in our
vote (you may have noted that Joe left as soon as the vote was closed. He
came to say that he said the vote could occur, that he participated to it,
that he demonstrated that the ICANN did its job of keeping the sun rising
every day on the DNS authoritative root serve system).

Let please correct me on this. We assume we are Oct. 1st 2002 and the ICANN
is no more.

1. the sun rose in the DNS root server system using the DoC master file.

2. a ccTLD sent a fax with an IP address change for one of its server to
Karen Rose who asked her EA to :
  a) enter the change in the master file before copying it to VSRN
  b) to remind her to propose that ccTLD manage the IP addresses changes by
themselves using the secure way that bloody Jefsey uses for years for his
own part of the root.

3. someone called the IAB to ask for a protocol number to the Chair. She
sent it by mail after updating her Excel PSO page, copy to the ITU/T
secretary for archiving and further reference.

4. a few mails were exchanged between ATT and other IP blocks owners to
discuss one or two new RIRs to better organize and sell me.

5. Verisign, Neulevel Chairs sip a coffee, relaxing. They made it, still
alive. No more expenses to relate with Joe Sims: they are free to make
their own mistakes or develop new crazy schemes: the use will decide.
ccTLDs are quite happy too; there is no more ICANN tax "give".

6. The other root administrators relax: they can now start cleaning the
inclusive roots from TLD squatters. And welcome the new TLD managers.

7. a few ccTLD chose to resolve on the European root server system for
better connectivity and back-up. Even one resolves on the European and on
the USG root to test they are well synchronized.

8. for the first time in years, Louis Touton has slept 10 hours in a row
and his on his way to the JDRP offices to be told his new impossible mission.

Now, do I miss. Where is the problem?

jfc

---