Re: [ga] The Real World

Marilyn writes:  I think that we should all reexamine how to ensure broad,
stable participation and representation, and that is why I've personally
supported the At Large recommendations.

As I recall:

1.  Marilyn supported cutting back the public interest component by reducing
At-Large directors from the promised nine directors to five or less (her BC
draft paper made the point that all other SOs have only 3 directors).
2.  Marilyn has fought every effort to have individual domain name holders
represented as a constituency.
3.  Marilyn has recommended that *only* current "stakeholders" should
populate the General Assembly.
4.  Marilyn objects to the concept of open fully participatory Working Groups.
5.  The democratic concept of one-person/one-vote in the DNSO has not
received Marilyn's support.

For some reason, I find myself being reminded of the very white, very elite
country club owners that are are constantly "reexamining" how to best keep
the rabble off of their property.  Their words are always genteel, and are
always designed to make you believe that they support having a public course,
but all they really want is to maintain their private club.