Re: [ga] Deletes: Registrar Code of Conduct solution

Hello Rick,

As I regularly review the registrar's list, I have been aware of the
as-yet-unratified-code-of-conduct document for some time.   The problem, as I
see it, is that your constituency seems to be predisposed to using such vague
language that it potentially creates more loopholes than it closes.

For example:  Item #6 -- "Domain names not renewed must be returned to the
Registry at the time of expiration or prior to the conclusion of any grace
period.  Registrars have no claim or right to domain names not renewed
proactively by the domain name registrant."

This begs the question... Just how long is a grace period?  If terminology is
left undefined then the opportunities for abuse ripen quickly.

Perhaps you and your fellow registrars might be amenable to a joint
registrar/GA working group to assist in defining both Best Practices for
Registrars and a Bill of Rights for Registrants... let me know your thoughts.