Re: [ga] Roessler Comments on Mission Paper

It's been done many times: you just don't like to admit it.

Writing a mission statement is easy when the mission is small.  You want a
big client.  Your client wants to be big.  They ignore the contrary
voices, and you come along to shoot the wounded by saying they don't
exist.

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Joe Sims wrote:

> While these are cogent comments, they do illustrate the difficulty of
> actually writing something called a "mission statement" that is both
> something more than a listing of specific acts that are permissible (which
> is certainly not a mission statement that would be useful on a going
> forward basis) and writing something less specific that is not subject to
> the kind of word-smithing that Thomas has done.  I renew the invitation
> that ICANN has made for several months now:  If anyone thinks they can
> write a better mission statement, please do so.  There seem to be a lot
> more editors than authors in the ICANN population.
>

> Joe Sims

		Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org
                        -->It's hot here.<--