Re: [ga] NC BS

Jefsey,

>... The need for a
>specific voter registration is only a patch due to the use of two non
>compatible software (majordomo and the voting system). Making an
>constitutional requirement out of it is inept.

Let me disagree.
The concept of a voting registry, separate from announce, GA-list, or
whatever else, is simply addressing the need of having a unique, official,
voters list, independent of any other participation/subscription, and has
nothing to do with supposed incompatibilities of software.
I find the principle not only useful, but applied in other similar
circumstances. For instance, in the US every US citizen has the right to
vote. They could extract the voting population from existing files, but
instead they have a special registry where you have to register to vote.

Incidentally, this system allows individuals to temporarily unsubscribe from
mailing lists, while still stay registered to vote. Maybe we should make
sure that this is what we want. For instance, does an individual who has
acquired GA membership via subscription to the GA list keep his/her
membership status once she/he unsubscribes from the list? This has to be
seen in parallel with the suggested requirement of "being active/informed".
Maybe after this vote is over we should have a look into the matter.

Best regards
Roberto