Re: Tr: [ga] DNSO.org web site and robots.txt

George and all assembly members,

George Kirikos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> --- "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <froomkin@law.miami.edu>
> wrote:
> > I would appreciate a change in the robots.txt file.  It is useful for
> > researchers, especially students, who may not be that sophisticated,
> > have easy access to the material via common tools such as google.
>
> Ditto. We should also remove the robots.txt file from:
>
> http://forum.icann.org/robots.txt (totally restrictive)

  I agree.  This is totally silly in the extreme.  Besides that
it is all to easily routed around...  To me it just shows the
level of paranoia that seems prevalent within the ICANN
BOD and staff...:(

> www.ICANN.org itself has no robots.txt file, allowing its entire site
> to be indexed.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.kirikos.com/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827