From: <DannyYounger@cs.com>
To: <ga@dnso.org>; <jo-uk@rcn.com>
Cc: <mcade@att.com>
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 5:07 PM
Subject: [ga] Registrants unrepresented

: William Walsh writes:  "Did you have support from any organization that
even
: purports to advocate on the behalf of those you were asking to be the
voice
: for?"
:
: When one is being screwed by the abusive transfer practices of certain
major
: registrars, why does one need organizational "endorsement" to articulate
that
: which is self-evidently wrong?  If the IDNO or other groups are not
willing
: to step up to the plate and to advocate on behalf of registrants, then
: assuredly individuals have every right to come forward as advocates for
the
: registrant community.
:
: This totally insane transfer TF process has been ongoing for six months so
: far, and what has been accomplished by those charged with handling the
issue?
:  Where is the sense of urgency?  Where are the results?  Just how much
time
: do they need to get the job done?  Instead of getting to the heart of the
: matter and coming up with a reasonable proposal to quickly deal with the
: problem, we are treated to yet another pointless "survey" by TF members,
and
: now by the ongoing distraction of the VeriSign WLS proposal.
:
: At issue is the ability of those affected by ICANN processes (or the lack
: thereof) to be represented within the bodies that are assembled to
formulate
: policy.  Task forces have denied such representation to affected parties,
and
: consequently these parties continue to be affected by delay after delay
after
: delay with no end in sight.
:
: Denying representation to affected parties only makes a bad situation even
: worse, and the legitimacy of the entire process is called into question...
:
: VeriSign has already argued that if substantial decisions are going to be
: based on NC recommendations, and if that is done because the NC is
supposed
: to be representative of most affected stakeholders, then it has to be
shown
: that affected stakeholders are represented within the process.
Registrants
: are neither represented in the TF process nor in the NC by anyone or by
any
: set of persons that can demonstrate that they have strenuously advocated
on
: their behalf.
:
: Marilyn Cade can solve this problem by allowing registrant representatives
: onto the transfers TF.  That she chooses not to do so is indicative of
: ongoing efforts by her constituency and others to continue to deny full
: representation to registrants.
:
:
:
: --
: This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.
: ("unsubscribe ga" in the body of the message).
: Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html
:
:
: