Re: [ga] NC BS

         I don't think I provided any insights into "the divisive nature of
individual involvement"; rather, I provided insight into the divisive
nature of attempts to *exclude* individuals from involvement.  Let's be
clear:  Under the NC proposal, none of the past chairs of the GA -- not
Roberto, not Danny, not Thomas -- would have *any* avenue for participation
in domain-name policy development, except as filtered through national or
supranational "consumer organizations," or through after-the-fact "public
consultation."  This is wrong on two levels.  First, it is wrong because,
as Jamie and others have pointed out, individual registrants are
stakeholders every bit as much as business registrants (if you will, they
are as much "directly impacted by ICANN policies").  Second, it is wrong
because excluding this set of contributors from the policy process will
lead to bad (and skewed) decisionmaking.

Jon