Re: [ga] Procedure.

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 12:52:26PM -0400, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

>Re: "The resolution which gets most "yes" votes will be considered
>to have been accepted, under the additional condition that more
>than 50% of voters accepted it."

>Just to be clear... are you exactly following the "VOTING RULES
>FOR THE DNSO GA" published to
>http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-voting-rules.html or, are
>you creating a "new rule"?

The mode of operation I have proposed is asking two questions (to
speak in terms of the rules):

	1. Should the GA adopt resolution A?
	2. Should the GA adopt resolution B?

Since the objective of this election is to have one resolution in
the end, I have added the rule that the resolution which receives
most "yes" votes is the one we consider the ultimate outcome of the
vote.

If you folks want to go without this addition, the question would
have to be: "Which resolution do you want to have?" The three
mutually exclusive answers would be: James' resolution, Alexander's
resolution, no resolution at all.

Comments?
--
Thomas Roessler                      <roessler@does-not-exist.org>