[ga] Procedure.

1. There will be a formal vote.

2. The options available for vote will include any resolutions
supported by no less than 10 individuals (including the proponent),
which are presented for inclusion with the ballot.  It's up to the
various proponents to come up with a final version of the text at
hand.  Please post any such resolutions (including supporters) until
24:00 Pacific Time.  (This is an extension of the original deadline;
this extension was, in slightly more vague form, announced by
Alexander on Friday.)

I'd suggest that you start the subject line for any such posting
with "RESOLUTION." I'd also suggest that you _only_ use this prefix
for final resolution texts which are supposed to go onto the ballot.

NOTE: The resolution proposed by Alexander (although I actually do
support it) will not be put onto the ballot unless it gets the
necessary support.

PLEASE SEND YOUR NOTE OF SUPPORT TO ALEX IF YOU WANT THIS TO BE
INCLUDED WITH THE BALLOT!

3. To evaluate the vote, we'll mostly follow Jonathan Weinberg's
earlier suggestion: You'll be able to vote on each resolution.  The
resolution which gets most "yes" votes will be considered to have
been accepted, under the additional condition that more than 50% of
voters accepted it.

4. In the case of a tie (i.e., n > 1 motions being accepted with the
same number of votes), we'll perform a demonstration of applied
cryptography, and I'll securely toss an n-sided coin, with James
Love as the other player.  (Jamie: You do have PGP, don't you?)

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/