Re: [ga] Watching the voting registry

Alexander Svensson wrote:
> The optimist would call this outreach which is great and welcome. The
> pessimist would call it a great way to show how fragile the current GA
> structures are if you try to push hard.

The pragmatist might say that no outreach is better than having an issue
important enough to cause people to get involved. Maybe this is one. We saw
the same thing earlier this year with the Waiting List Service; several
people joined the GA just to oppose that iniative.

Personally, I'd rather let the current conversation on ICANN Reform play out
before deciding whether to ask the DOC for a rebid, but I don't see the harm
in taking a straw poll or having a vote.

      -- Bret