[ga] Watching the voting registry

Dear all,

I'm increasingly worried that some people are not so
much interested in what the GA thinks about the rebid,
rather in getting a GA vote and then getting new people
to register for the GA voting registry. The voting
registry is suddenly filling with new entries in
a few days.

http://www.dnso.org/secretariat/rosterindex.html
5 May 2002: 505 entries.
6 May 2002: 527 entries (last time I looked).

Which is an increase by almost twenty percent since
the last GA vote on 4 January 2002.
http://www.dnso.org/secretariat/b11.rosterindex.html
Since then, we suddenly have 85 new entries in the
voting registry, of which 92.9% are from the US.
Now, more than half of the voting registry consists
of entries from the USA. The optimist would call
this outreach which is great and welcome. The pessimist
would call it a great way to show how fragile the
current GA structures are if you try to push hard.

"Go here to register to vote."
http://slashdot.org/yro/02/05/04/1839234.shtml?tid=95

"To register to vote in the GA, go here."
http://www.icannwatch.org/article.php?sid=709&mode=&order=0&thold=0

"To register to vote, go here"
http://www.icann-ncc.org/pipermail/discuss/2002-May/002187.html

Best regards,