Re: [ga] Role of GA

Philip,

You are correct that we should be trying to fix the problem of limited active
participation.  But as earlier votes conducted by the GA prove, "non-active"
members still participate through the voting process (and usually there are
more non-active voters than active members).  These are the people that study
and evaluate the comments of others and make informed decisions when a vote
is called.

Just because they don't participate within a list environment does not mean
that they have any less of a right to vote in our institution.  They are our
members whether they contribute to forum discussion or not.

There is no "flaw" in the democratic aspiration.  Not all that are conferred
the right to vote choose to exercise that right on every occasion, but they
have such rights nonetheless.

I wish to guarantee that every member of the DNSO has the right to vote to
ratify the decisions of the group.  Will you act to support such democratic
rights, or do you prefer a non-democratic model?