Re: [ga] Motion asking for GA poll on rebid of ICANN contract

Dear Asaad,
proposing a response to a 4 years old question, when half the problem has been identified by Lynn as actually the wording of the question, calls for the question to be reworded. There is today no response to Lynn by the BoD.

There is absolutely no interest in providing any response until the final question has not been worded. Also, once reworded in today's wording, there will be a need to check that the ICANN format is appropriate or not. We are not interested, IMHO, in the ICANN interests, but in having the job properly done to our own best interests. I only wish that the ICANN no-members share that target and that our common interests are also their interest: today I have no element telling this is not the case.

But we all have elements showing us that the situation is confuse: only a clean sheet restart may permit us to work efficiently. ICANN loyally tried it with the ALSC. Lynn has acknowledged it was not enough. The only escalation is the DoC. We need the DoC to speak-up, clearly. Only a rebid can oblige them to that.

The alternative is simple: the ICANN will carry no more interest. As one of the best support of the ICANN policy put it in the NCC: the complexity is not to manage the DNS, but to make believe they are entitled to do it. The ICANN is like a King living in selling nobility titles. To make a living it has to be credible enough and get support from it allies. If the DoC does not endorse it.... The Rebid is also a vote of Trust. There is a big difference between reconducting an agreement no one is pleased with, and granting a new agreement.
jfc