[ga] Time line for a vote; procedures.

Due to time constraints at the secretariat, the most reasonable window
for beginning a vote is the week between May 13 and May 17.

I would suggest that the ballot should be opened for several possible
resolutions on the topic of reform and a possible re-bid of ICANN
functions, plus the option not to accept any of the resolutions.  For
the evaluation of the vote, there are two possibilities (which only
differ if there is more than one resolution on the table):  (1) one vote
per member; a resolution which has more than 50% of the votes is
accepted [note that there can be at most one such resolution], (2)
preferential voting like what we are using for person elections, with
the top resolution being deemed to be accepted.  (Please comment.)

For a proposed resolution to be included with the ballot, the following
three conditions must be fulfilled:  (1) It should be a statement on
ICANN structure, mission, and a possible re-bid.  (2) There should be
ten supporters.  (3) The resolution's final text, and the list of
supporters, should be posted to this list no later than May 10.

I would welcome it very much if we'd see, in addition to Jamie's
resolution calling for a re-bid, a more reasonable text on the ballot.

--
Thomas Roessler (mobile) <roessler@does-not-exist.org>