Re: [ga] Re: Text of the motion...

On 4 May 2002, at 6:29, DPF wrote:

> On Fri, 03 May 2002 13:39:58 -0400, Jonathan Weinberg
> <weinberg@mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> >         1. I agree with Jamie's proposal.  We don't know, at this
> >         point,
> >what sort of structure a rebid might generate.  But I believe that a
> >rebid is more likely to generate a good structure than is the
> >Committee on ICANN Evolution and Reform.

I support a rebid not because I expect the DOC to generate or
negotiate a better structure next time but rather because the
current ICANN structure lacks any form of accountability. Rebids
might be a way of compensating for this severe shortcoming. In the
unlikely case that we succeed in achieving a rebid, ICANN's
successor might be less indifferent with regard to proper procedure
and consensus assertions.

jeanette

The issue presented by the