[ga] Fwd: Proposed Time Line - version 2.0, plain text

(Joanna has already sent five posts to our list today, I am forwarding this
for her, it is actually from Joanna Lane.  I also have a .pdf version of
this document if anyone would like, please contact me directly (via email).)

Forwarded Message Below:
------------------------

DISCUSSION DRAFT
Proposed Time Line - version 2.0
The following table sets out what is believed to be a reasonable guideline
as to the timing of the various events that need to take place in order to
take a vote of the whole Assembly on one or more issues by the end of May.
What follows are not strict "rules" but rather a rough sketch of the rates
at which Members could expect things to happen. That is, the "duration" is
not carved in stone, but rather what one should normally expect to see, all
other things being equal. Since, in order to complete any Vote of the whole
Assembly within a 28 day time period, more than one process must take place
at once, hence this table provides deadlines for each of the concurrent
processes.

ACTION:
General Discussion and investigation of issues (in progress)
duration:7 days
start:Thurs May 2nd
end:Thurs May 9th

Poll(in progress)
duration:3 days
start: Fri May 3rd
end: Sun May 5th

Recognition of Motion(s)
duration:24 hours
Fri May 10th

Debate on Motion(s)
duration:7 days
start:Fri May 10th
end:Fri May 17th

Poll(s) on amendments,
and/ or alternative motions
duration: 3 days
(optional at any time during Debate)

Recognition of Voting Procedure
duration:1 day
Sat May 18th

Secretariat prepares Ballot (s)
duration: 1 day
Sun May 19th

Vote of the whole Assembly
duration:7 days
start:Mon May 20th
end:Mon May 27th

Final Report(Vote results and supporting documentation)
duration:2 days
start:Tues May 28th
end:Wed May 29th

Submit Final Report to ICANN Board
And other interested parties.
Thurs May 30th

Prepared with reference to Best Practices Time Line Guide:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-PartIII.html