RE: [ga] Motion asking for GA poll on rebid of ICANN contract

Hello,

I think the proposed vote is an interesting one, however it leaves open
the question "What happens next?" It's easy to point out problems, but
much harder to create solutions and make the tough decisions to create
an alternative to the status quo. I'd be curious to know what folks
things will happen if ICANN is disbanded...

As an aside, there have been a lot of emails in my INBOX today, and
some folks might want to watch that they observe the 5 posts/day limit,
and the 10K per message rule (although that's not a hard limit; I've
gone over 10K once or twice, when there was a long thought involved or
when replying to numerous messages in a single message, instead of in
10 separate ones). Also, with regards to attachments -- can folks try
to stick to ASCII text where possible, or LINK to standards-conforming
HTML posted on a website if something is too big?? MS Word .doc or RTF
or PDF aren't really standards per se, and in the case of MS Word .doc
files, there's the potential for viruses being circulated, if one isn't
careful about scanning each file, or if there is a new variant of a
virus that doesn't have a signature yet in one's virus scanner
software. I've not seen an ASCII virus :) plus the file size becomes a
lot smaller when it's plain text.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/