Re: [ga] icannatlarge.com hacked

Monday, Monday, April 22, 2002, 4:52:14 PM, William S. Lovell wrote:

> Thomas Roessler wrote:

>> On 2002-04-22 09:41:14 -0700, William S. Lovell wrote:
>>
>>> I've not seen a single one that has addressed the issue of seeking to
>>> track down who did the hacking.  Would that not be the first  issue
>>> on the agenda?
>>

>> The defaced page's text listed an address @xpaxo.net, and if you  look
>> at www.xpaxo.net, you'll even find icannatlarge.com on a list  of the
>> sites these guys (apparently some Russian script-kiddies) are proud to
>> have defaced.  The log snippet which is in Joop's message  has some
>> more information on the hack, which actually points into  the same
>> direction.

> Late breaking news! I just tried to access xpaxo.net and told that entry
> was forbidden!
> :-)

They'll be up at a new host within 48 hours.

It really is a game of whack a mole, Bill.  You get a little joy out
of hitting them, but as soon as you do, they just pop up again
somewhere else.

Unless they do over $5,000 of damages, they know they won't get
prosecuted.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>