Re: [ga] icannatlarge.com hacked

Saturday, Saturday, April 20, 2002, 9:14:34 AM, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> FYI:  Just as icannatlarge.com was getting underway with its election
> process, its site has been hacked.  Its main page now says:

> XPaXO was here ... некоторые расписываются на стенах, некоторые в лифтах, а
> мы решили расписываться на чужих страничках! Skinheads must die 4ever like
> Gitler. Wanna know bugs?! Mail to hacked@xpaxo.net ... gr33tz 2 RootTeam :
> Xarth, dev0id, LynX. [KHC] : NOXious, .lamoz ... and other peoples

It really is too bad that he choose to signup with a wholesale
commercial hosting provider who has a history of not keeping their
server software up to date and patched (OLM.net is the company, they
are a wholesale provider who mainly sell through a large reseller
community of small companies such as Joop's Imachinations) rather than
tap the vast resources of those interested parties who have much
better and more secure facilities.  Not to mention that then he would
not be charged for the hosting, and would have been hosting with
companies or individuals who take more care about the software
installed on their servers.

Of course, that might take away one of his cash cows.  I noticed from
the funding forum that Joop has been submitting rather large bills for
his "services" to ICANNATLARGE.com, under the name of his company,
which appears to be a registered company in New Zealand under his
sons' names, which are to be paid out of the donations made to that
effort.   Donations which would have been much better served being
spent on outreach efforts.  He is charging $100 an hour for time spent
doing even the most mundane things for the websites.

You really should go check out the funding forum.
http://www.icannatlarge.com/funding.php
http://www.icannatlarge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77

So far he has submitted nearly $4000 in "costs" for his time.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>