[ga] Independent Review.

On 2002-04-12 11:54:15 -0400, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote on a BC
position draft:

>5.  Regarding the Independent Review Panel, you have proposed a
><<committee which could include, the GAC chair, the IAB chair, two
>board members or past board members, and an appointed and paid
>ombudsman>>.  What do you see as the merits of a Panel with this
>particular composition?

Personally, I find this idea quite interesting:  Such a review panel
could draw from experience in the technical and social/political
fields, and from the experience of former board members with the
board's way of thinking and operating.

Finally, merging the ombudsman and IRP concepts also looks
attractive to me.

However, I believe that such a composition may bear a number of
significant problems.  For instance, other constituencies of various
SOs may also call for direct representation on a review panel.

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/