[ga] RE: Help with research into domain reregistration - submit examples of unrelated reregistrations

I received a couple questions off-list from folks who wanted to help but
didn't fully understand what I'm after here.  Rather than use the
theoretical language of my prior message, perhaps I can clarify with some
specifics:

Last week, I found myself in need of a new bicycle for sale in or around
Cambridge, Massachusetts.  A search engine referred me to Bicycle Bill's
bicycle store, <http://www.bicyclebills.com> (warning: sexually-explicit
content).  The "wayback machine" at archive.org reflects that this domain
was previously the web site of a well-regarded retailer in Massachusetts --
but as is clear from visiting the page as it stands now, it's now used to
distribute sexually-explicit content called "Tina's Free Live Cam."

As it turns out, a large number of other domains distribute this same
sexually-explicit content -- <http://www.pbsbusinesschannel.com>,
<http://www.savannah-bbb.org>, <http://www.sacramentomusic.com>,
<http://www.fraudindex.com>, and on and on.  (Warning: each link yields
sexually-explicit content.)  Thanks to some work by my automated systems, I
already have some hundreds of other examples of domains that redirect to
this same "Tina's Free Live Cam" page, and if I leave the systems
operational for an extended period, I'm confident that they'll find hundreds
or thousands of additional domains also pointing to this same page.

But to complete this work -- to make it truly helpful in evaluating the
scope of the reregistration activity here -- I need to quantify not only the
many redirects to Tina's Live Cam but also many redirects to others offering
content in a similar way (i.e. through many domains seemingly obtained after
expiration).  It is for precisely this question that I seek help from this
list -- help in finding other examples, other than Tina, of content
distributed in this way.

If you know of such content, please consider submitting it at
<http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/people/edelman/renewals/submit/>.  And if
you're still confused, or if you think you have a better way to describe
this phenomenon, feel free to jump in on or off-list!

Thanks again.

Ben Edelman
Berkman Center for Internet & Society
Harvard Law School