Re: [ga] Evolution - GA

Roberto writes:

<< IMHO these assumptions lead to one of the two solutions:
 1. dynamically correct the constituency structure with a mechanism to
add/delete/modify the number of constituencies when needed (remember the
"Paris Draft"?)
 2. get rid altogether of the constituency structure and replace it with a GA
type structure (Karl Auerbach's solution, identifiable to a certain extent
with the BWG draft). >>

What Roberto is stating is precisely the same set of conclusions arrived at
by the Review Working Group over one year ago.

In that time, we have seen the Council actively and continuously oppose the
creation of an Individual Domain Name Holders Constituency.  As the Council
will not proactively adopt a mechanism to add/delete/modify the number of
constituencies, and will not even discuss other reform proposals that would
upset the balance of power enjoyed by certain special interest groups, we now
have only choice number two as our remaining option -- getting rid of the
Council constituency structure altogether.