Re: [ga] Public Statement to the Boards of Afilias, Neulevel, ICANN and the Subcommittee for Telecommunications and the Internet

Again, Richard, can you please direct me to where you see a
requirement that Registrars have a public service available?

I can find no such requirement, but I may be missing something.

I, for one, would have a problem with such a requirement, as I
can see a justification for someone to become a registrar to provide
domain registration services to a select group of clients, and have no
interest in dealing with the general public.  And I do not see any
harm from that, since the public has numerous other registrars which
they can choose to do business with.

I do not believe such a requirement exists, nor do I believe it should
exist, so I am trying to understand the nature of your complaint and
what exactly you are seeking as a solution.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>