[ga] Re: Survey

Dear Dan,

Marilyn Cade has suggested that I work through you to provide constructive
input to the Transfers TF.  I would like to begin by asking why this survey
is needed.  Surely the registrars can provide hundreds if not thousands of
letters of complaint from affected registrants.  After months of discussion
on this topic, what is served by generating a survey that will give us the
same set of responses that registrars already have in the complaint files?
What does this accomplish other than needlessly postponing the resolution of
this issue?

If the purported goal is to seek to abide by the consensus process, the TF
must first propose a recommended policy and only then reach out to impacted
parties for their assessment of the implications of such a policy.  Outreach
only to gather "anecdotal data" at this point is a waste of time and human
resources.  The WHOIS committee has been analyzing their own particular data
set for half a year already...  do we really need to go through a similar
time-consuming exercise?