Re: [ga] wecann preparation - News people

Congratulations, Jefsey! We have gone from earlier processes whereby the
watchword was that the ICANN "rules" on setting up any kind of group
within the DNSO should be followed; one of these being a showing of
"consensus" -- a concept the meaning of which was quite unknown to
ICANN -- to a process whereby the rules are:
                                   ICANN DOES NOT EXIST.
As a result of no longer proceeding like a little band of sheep into an array
of independent thinkers, we now have icann at large.com, wecann.com, and
who knows what else might surface. We shall have available an array of
publicly accessible fora, on which we can all express ourselves freely (within
the bounds of civilized discourse, I should hope), and out of that shall come
policies and doctrines that cumulatively shall define the nature of the
internet.

One doctrine has been demonstrated. We "netties" can in fact self-organize
into groups that can work together towards a goal, and there can be several
of such groups working relatively independently towards the same goal.  It
will be interesting to see how the different groups tackle various problems,
how they "steal" ideas from each other as the friendly competition progresses,
and whether on some particular topic the groups could interact and come to
some single conclusion.  We'll have a couple of "town halls" going at once,
all of which is much more interesting (and fun!) than being shackled by the
strictures of that slowly petrifying entity that has the five-letter acronym.

Joanna Lane and I have created a "Best Practices" as a mechanism for
reaching consensus, the nature of which process can be found in the Forum
section of icannatlarge.com, and you wecann.com folks are welcome to
peruse it.

Bill