[ga] Re: Request for a Working Group

Michael,

Whether you like it or not, we currently regulate the registrar community by
way of contracts (such as the Registrar Accreditation Agreement).  These
contracts specify registrar obligations, and how they are to attend to
"Business Dealings, Including with Registered Name Holders" (section 3.7).
This puts the issue of registrar practices squarely within ICANN's purview,
and creating modifications to this contract language indeed falls within the
ICANN consensus process.

Clearly we have a right to establish provisions to curtail nefarious business
practices in order to "enhance user choice and satisfaction".