Re: [ga] MP3 tehnical failure - Another "Load"

Friday, Friday, March 22, 2002, 3:07:42 PM, Karl Auerbach wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

>> The call should have been re-scheduled then.  Without a
>> record of the deliberations the process is anything but
>> open and transparent.

> Could we please give the DNSO have a break?  Technical problems *do* occur
> every now and then.

> In the larger scheme of things we ought to recognize that the DNSO has
> actually done something positive and good by making the effort, an effort
> that is usually sucessful, to make an audio recording and publish it.

> These efforts of the DNSO are a day-over-night improvement over that of
> the Board of Directors which holds most of its gatherings on unrecorded
> and untranscribed phone calls overheard only by a few invited outsiders.

I concur fully.

However, all it takes is for the DNSO to make a listen only port
available to one of us with a voice modem, who can create an mp3
recording remotely, and provide a live stream for those who want to
listen to it live.

It really is VERY simple to do, and I've volunteered to host the live
stream.  Anyone with a windows or linux pc and a voice modem can
stream the call to my server, or to anyone else who sets up an icecast
or shoutcast server on their network.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>