Re: [ga] Substance over rhetoric - a constructive challenge

On 2002-03-19 07:39:16 +0000, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

>You might remember that at an ICANN meeting (I think it was
>Yokohama, but I may be wrong) I raised the issue of what to do
>after the election with the at-large members, and the need to keep
>the momentum going, avoiding forgetting about the electorate until
>time for new elections. This is unfortunately exactly what
>happened.

In fact, even the simplest "networking" efforts were not supported
by ICANN: Back then, I had started the icann-europe mailing list
(which is kind of dead by now, but was quite alive back then).  I
tried for more than half a year (and with countless e-mails) to
convince ICANN staff to add a link to that mailing list's web site
to one of their link pages. I wrote to Esther who was the chairman
of the board back then, and she agreed that it would be a good idea,
and told staff.

The person in charge of the elections back then (sorry, I forgot the
name) even told me she was working on an FAQ on that. The last thing
I heard (several months after the exchange of e-mails with Esther)
was that the FAQ couldn't be put online because there was nothing on
the Asian and African regions so far (or something like that), and
it could only be put online in its entirety.

No such FAQ was ever put up, to the best of my knowledge.  Now,
guess what kind of message that kind of behaviour sent.

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/