Re: [ga] Re: [admin] Attacks and offensive words

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Dierker" <eric@hi-tek.com>
To: "Alexander Svensson" <alexander@svensson.de>; <ga@dnso.org>
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 9:40 AM
Subject: [ga] Re: [admin] Attacks and offensive words

> Both are completely descriptive and fully usable in proper American
> English discussion.
>
> Do not impose the Queen's English on an American South westerner.
> Further more Vint Cerf is a public figure and hence subject to higher
> criticism in any country in the WTO world. That is called open and
> transparent and all UN countries are supposed to follow that mandate.
>
> Censorship is offensive so you are engaging in offensive language by
> more than word but by deed.
>
> Your one man sensibilities need to grow up a bit.  Or was getting rid of
> JW and I part of your
> ten K package deal.
>
> And what is with a warning when quite clearly I did not exceed the 5
> post limit in my 24 hour period?
>
> You are scaring me. JW gets 2 months for his one recalcitrant act in 24
> hours and now you come after me without cause.  If you continue with
> this you will find that it is a bad path to go down if you want to
> survive the upcoming hearings. And by you I mean Vint and Ester and you.
>
> Eric
>
> Alexander Svensson wrote:

I agree with Eric on this. Stifling debate is a big part of what you do when
you want to shut out the people from having a say in the decision making
process. You are wrong to criticize Eric for his post - he was making a
valid, on-topic post. As for calling names,  "if the shoe fits...". Also,
some strong language sometimes serves to wake folks up and get their
attention.