Re[3]: [ga] Re: Unresponsive registrars

Yeah.  That's how I feel when I get an inquiry from the IRS, too. :-)
Equally, however, non-responsiveness is not an attractive option.

Tuesday, February 26, 2002, 2:41:40 PM, William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info> wrote:
WXW> Tuesday, Tuesday, February 26, 2002, 12:14:54 PM, William X Walsh wrote:

>> Tuesday, Tuesday, February 26, 2002, 10:04:52 AM, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

>>> Dear Rick,

>>> At issue is why many US registrars failed to provide a response to a House
>>> Judiciary Subcommittee inquiry.  This is more troubling than the current
>>> technological limitations on authentication.

>> Probably because they recognized the inquiry itself was just plain
>> stupid.  The question is an obvious one.

WXW> Also, the registrars are private entities, who are bound by no
WXW> agreement with the government.  They really have no obligation to
WXW> respond to such queries.

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@inetconcepts.net         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----