Re: [ga] icannatlarge.com

Joop and all assembly members,

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> On 22:14 27/02/02 -0800, Rick H Wesson said:
>
> >Joop,
> >
> >There is no privacy policy on the site and the site makes available
> >names and locations publicly.
> >
> >I request that a privacy policy be developed an placed on the site
> >and that registrants agree to the policy before signing up.
>
> The privacy policy is terse, but it is there.
>
> "Your postal and e-mail address will remain confidential."
>
> You make a good point that the publishing of name and city should be
> specifically agreed to.
> I'll add that in the next iteration, with permission of my editorial panel.
> Thanks.

  What's this "My" stuff?  Yes we know that you own the domain
ICANNATLARGE.COM. And yes we know it is being hosted
by  your own company.  But if this is a REAL effort to
create and atlarge, don't you think it is proper that any editorial
or other listed information should be approved by the At-Large
members?  Or at least some elected interim executive staff?

  And why does such a suggestion need to wait for some
"Next Iteration", as you put it?  As one that has purported
the need for privacy in the past on the GA here, I would seem
that you should have know that this was an important issue
to begin with...  Not to mention as well that you were
advised on the Atlarge Forum in advance that privacy was
paramount.  So I have to say I a quite baffled here...

Lets not recreate the IDNO mistakes shall we...

> --Joop

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827