Re: [ga] Talk about sleaze.

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002 09:30:08 -0800, William X Walsh wrote:

> According to this ISP, the Verisign people who got in touch with them

I'd guess that should read the VeriSign *person*.

> to try to woo them back

That's standard business practice.  Nothing irregular about that.

> started telling them things like how if they
> move to a new registrar, there is no guarantee that registrar will be
> in business a year from now,

Well, there's no guarantee that VeriSign will be in business a year from now
for that matter.  That's life.  No guarantees.

> and then went so far as to say that if
> that registrar goes out of business, all their customer domains would
> be completely lost,

What would, in fact, happen if a registrar went out of business?

> and they would be responsible for that.

lol.

> I knew Verisign was sleazy, but this was a new low.

You'd need to establish that was a regular practice of VeriSign as a
corporation rather than a one-off, isolated instance of an over-enthusiastic
sales person.

Surely they have the name of their contact person at VeriSign.  Why wouldn't
they lodge a complaint to the person's supervisor?  If the complaint was not
dealt with properly, there'd be a better indication of VeriSign's policy in
this particular area of operations.

> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>