Re: [ga] Poll: WLS -- yes or no?

Hello,

--- Dan Steinberg <synthesis@videotron.ca> wrote:
> Ummmm I am generally opposed to informal polls...but this one I am
> specifically opposed to since it appears to be too general.
>
> which WLS are we talking about?
> the proposal on the table?
> the concept of an WLS in general?
>
> I think this lacks precision.

The WLS is the exact proposal on the table from VGRS, i.e. given their
of precision", it's because VGRS hasn't tabled formal documents with
service levels and pricing -- it intends to wait until after this
process concludes, and present it as a done deal to ICANN. This topic
of lack of precision was also mentioned on the Registrars list, at
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc01/msg01826.html and as
far as I know, VGRS has no intentions of supplying anything before
March 7, 2002.

One can always "abstain", and then give reasons in that space. :) I
don't recall hearing your input/position before, so I think the more
voices the better. VGRS doesn't seem to be tabling variations to its
existing proposal eithers (that's why I asked question B.10 in
http://verisign-grs.com/wls_responses.pdf for instance).

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/