[ga] Forwarded from the ALSC list

Subj:    [ALSC-Forum] (Fwd) Joe Sims organizing a clandestine Operation
Date:   2/19/02 11:17:16 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:   jeanette@medea.wz-berlin.de (Jeanette Hofmann)
Sender: owner-forum@www.atlargestudy.org
To: forum@www.atlargestudy.org

Hi, everyone. I forward the following message on Andy's  behalf.

Date sent:          Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:01:40 +0100
From:               Andy Mueller-Maguhn <andy@ccc.de>
Subject:            Joe Sims organizing a clandestine Operation

I just got a call from a source in the European
Commission (Department for Information Society). Joe
Sims was today in Brussel for some kind of a closed door
meeting with Chrisopher Wilkinson and some other
people of the European Commission (my source did not attend
the meeting).

Sims presented plans for a complete restructuring of the
ICANN board, without the at large. If I understood correct
with governmental representatives in the board and with
complete different set of ASO, PSO and parts of the DNSO.

I just reached Christopher Wilkinson on the phone who seemed
astonished about my knowledge on _that_ Sims had been
there. I asked for details of what Sims presented and only
got the sentence from Wilkinson, that "he is not sure if
Sims presented this as a position of the board or his own."

To his understanding, this will be presented to the board
at Saturday and he told me, that he would be more happy
if I could get the details from the board.

Short: he told me to piss off and not disturb the conspiracy.

shocked,

A.