Re: [ga] GA summary 2002-06

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:02:48 +0100, Thomas Roessler
<roessler@does-not-exist.org> wrote:

>The names council's vote on a possible waiver of rules of procedure
>was finished on February 6, with 10 votes in favor, 9 against, and
>one abstention.  As pointed out by Louis Touton (and noted earlier
>by Danny Younger), this means that the waiver was not formally
>accepted during this vote.  Also, as Touton points out, the Names
>Council "may not formally act through a vote conducted by e-mail
>alone."
><http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc09/msg00116.html>,
><http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc09/msg00125.html>.

I am slightly disturbed that despite the vote having failed, that some
members of the NC are using the fact that the e-mail vote was informal
to relitigate the issue in a teleconference vote.  It would be a bad
idea to make a change to the election rules on a 2nd vote when the
change will affect the current election.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com
ICQ 29964527