Re: [ga] charging for renewals after expiry

On Tuesday 05 February 2002 2:44 am, Rick H Wesson wrote:

> > I use Tucows to register my domains and the cost is exactly the same
> > whether I renewal before or after the expiration date.
>
> that all depends on how long after the expiration date you renew, wait 60
> days after the expiration date and see if you can renew that domain.

According to "rules" the domain should have been deleted by then, so this is
a moot point.

> > Why would this cost be different for other regisrars? What exactly is
> > this "be alot of work involved" referring to?
>
> because its up to registrars how to write their registration agreements
> and how to implement their technology.
>
> understand that alice's registry has never charged a fee for re-instating
> a deleted domain; however the provision exists and this is what i wanted
> to point out.

And what I wanted to point out is that once we start with such a thing the
intrest in renewing for the normal rate instead of have the chance of a levy
of $ xx becomes a conflict of intrest.
Also there is no extra work involved so there is no justification, but then
again, justification is not what is needed here.

--
Abel Wisman
office	+44-20 84 24 24 2 2

www.able-towers.com for all your hosting and co-location at affordable prices