RE: [ga] charging for renewals after expiry

Russ,

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, admin wrote:

> It is simply a way for registrars to charge extra fees to users who
> let their domain expire. By then the domain can be locked and the
> registrar can force the user to pay this extra (for nothing) if they
> want their domain back.

If a domain is deleted outside the grace period it goes on registry-hold
(a function automatticly applied by the registry) which a registrar can
work with the registry to undo, this is a service and isn't done often.

I'd tried to explain some of these issues to you; i don't know if i
getting through and since this will be my third post for the day on the ga
list I'll call it quits.

-rick

p.s.

  :0 H: