Re[2]: [ga] WLS: GA questions to Verisign

I think we can all identify and agree that what you have encountered
is an abuse, which needs to be corrected.

However, there is a task force (work group or whatever the correct nom
de plume may be) which is working on this very issue. Further, the
problem you cite is with the Registrar -- not the Registry. It is the
Registry (VGRS), which has requested the questions and then, at a
later date, the feedback, from the GA. I, for only one, think we
should be responsive. It is an important matter, IMHO.

Yes, but it is the same company, you say. Of course it is, but they
say they have this Chinese wall which prevents the left hand from
knowing anything about what the right hand is doing.

There may very well be a Chinese wall, but, then again, many of the
executives, on either side, may very well speak the language.
Regardless, this issue is with the Registry, not the Registrar
responsible for the abuse you cite.

Monday, February 04, 2002, 7:57:19 PM, admin <admin@consumer.net> wrote:
>>We have time until Friday to collect our questions on the revised
>>WLS proposal, and submit these to Verisign.

a> I suggest all VeriSign proposals be placed "on hold" until the issues
a> concerning locking domains being transferred to other registrars is
a> resoved.

a> Russ Smith

a> --
a> This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.
a> ("unsubscribe ga" in the body of the message).
a> Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@inetconcepts.net         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----